Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Friendsgiving!


Friendsgiving definition: Thanksgiving with good friends. 

Ahh, I love it! This year we are finally in Virginia over the holidays. Last year we had moved away in October to Maryland (where Andy had a project) and on our way to California (where we were moving for Andy's job). This year is the first year that we have lived in Virginia over the holidays since both Andy and I were kids. How wonderful, I am tickled with joy!


To celebrate being in Virginia and all of our good friendships, we decided to host a Friendsgiving. I was back and forth on hosting it because I wasn't sure if I would have to work over the weekend or not. At the last minute when I found out that I in fact did not have to work, I sent out the invite and feverishly started planning.


The meal and gathering turned out to be a wonderful success! Andy and I cooked the turkey, made a side veggie, and provided spiked mulled cider, and before dinner munchies. Everyone else brought a side dish and wine or beer. It was definitely enough food and by the end of dinner we were all happily stuffed. As the food coma wore off, one of our friends played dj and we had a hopping dance party. (Where I actually worried that our floor might cave in...luckily, it didn't.) What a jolly Thanksgiving party it was!


I am so completely thankful for my good friends here in Virginia. Most of them go back to middle school, some college, and some from after college. No matter our background and how long we've known each other though, we are all great friends. These people mean the world to me and I am beyond happy to be able to celebrate the holidays with them.

Try making this dish: roasted brussel sprouts with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment