Friday, September 4, 2015

My Pregnancy Milestones


I have kept track of each little thing that has happened in my pregnancy. I don't want to forget these moments because they were so important and/or special when they happened. I think it will be fun to be able to look back on these milestones in the future.

4-weeks:  Found out I was pregnant

7-weeks:  Officially had morning sickness, officially means I am a pregnant lady. (small victory?)

10-weeks:  First doctors appointment.

12-weeks: Heard the heart beat for the first time. (magical!!)

15-weeks: Felt the first movement. (a flutter and then a tiny kick movement)
15-weeks: Morning sickness has mostly stopped.

16-weeks: It's a GIRL! (had genetic blood testing done, baby is great, sex is female)

18-weeks:  Officially look like I have a small belly...or just fat. (awkward stage)

20-weeks (5 months): Belly popped, I think. (I look pregnant in tight clothes!)

22-weeks: First ultrasound, little girl was lounging with her legs crossed. (So cute!) Her heart, spine, brain, and other organs all looked good. Her growth might be behind by 2-3-weeks though.

23-weeks: Andy and I took a babymoon vacation to Isla Mujeres Mexico. Experienced my first braxton-hicks contractions (in my lower back) on the plane ride back from vacation.

24-weeks: Second ultrasound. Little girl's growth is steady, but she is still measuring small. Saw her sucking on her fingers during the ultrasound. (wow!)

27-weeks: Have a DEFINITE round belly now. I look pregnant in everything I wear. Also wearing maternity clothes full-time now.

30-weeks: Officially have back pain. Also getting no sleep due to discomfort and peeing all the time.
30-weeks: Getting regular braxton-hix contractions now.

32-weeks: Diagnosed with gestational diabetes. (not a happy milestone, but a big enough one to make note of.)

36-weeks: Last ultrasound, she is head-down and ready to go. I am having regular contractions now, especially when I take long walks.

37-weeks: Diagnosed with melanoma on my left eyelid.

38-weeks, 5-days: Induced because of the melanoma, 30 hours of labor, 15 minutes of pushing, gave birth to Hazel who was 6 pounds, 3 ounces, and 18 inches long, with a full head of dark hair.


1 comment:

  1. This is a great summary! Some day Hazel will love to read this.

    ReplyDelete